The Pair Family

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A two-year-old's Eternal Perspective

I don't know whether to be scared for my life or smile at the simplicity of my two-year-old beginning to understand the importance of Christ in her life.  When I put Allie Beth down at night, we always pray together. Normally, she prays that her new best friend, Megan, will be at school tomorrow. Last night, though, she said that she wanted to pray that "Jesus will come to our house next week and take us all to Heaven." I was kind of taken back by this prayer at first. Should I be afraid that something is going to happen next week that will take us all to Heaven? Or, should I be excited that Allie Beth wants to go to Heaven to be with Jesus? Either way, it makes me happy. She's beginning to understand who Jesus is and how He's the one that allows us to enter into eternity with our Lord.  I'm anxious to see how God continues to draw Allie Beth to Himself, and I can't wait to see what I learn through that process as well.

Several things that we've heard from our little angel lately:

1. "You happy?"  She's always asking us this question. She loves to make us happy, and she knows when we're not. It definitely keeps me in check! :)

2. "Megan was/was not at school today. I will pray she comes tomorrow." Allie has a new friend, Megan! She is a little 3-year-old girl in her class. She and Megan adore one another! She comes home daily saying that she wants Megan to come to her house to play.  We finally had a playdate last week, and they are precious together! Megan is coming to our house tomorrow. Allie Beth is so excited. Hopefully, I'll get a picture of the two of them.

3. "Mommy, look at me when I'm talking to you.... You're my best friend." Danny and I were talking at dinner, and Allie suddenly started hitting my arm and telling me to look at her. Then, she told me that I was her best friend. MELTED MY HEART. :)

4. "You want to play with me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment