Well, I had a brilliant idea that I would try to carve a pumpkin with Allie Beth today. I had it in my head that this would be a fun idea and that she would enjoy it. I called my sister, and we were both excited to get great pictures of the girls trying to pull out the insides, getting messy, and having a pumpkin carved with smiles on their faces. It didn't go as I had pictured in my mind.
It started the moment we stepped into the front yard. There was a truck down the street cutting down a tree. Allie Beth was scared to death of the noise. She wouldn't leave my arms and would cry the moment I put her down. We managed to get a few good pictures of the three kids because Sara was standing behind me doing jumping jacks and playing peek-a-boo. After that, I tried to start carving the top, but she wouldn't leave my arms. So, we moved to the backyard.
Allie Beth and Krislyn didn't want to touch the pumpkins or help in any fashion. Sara and I laughed at the thought that we wanted to record it with our video cameras. There was nothing to even film. :) We decided that their daddy's would be finishing the carving later. Off the park we went.


No comments:
Post a Comment