The Pair Family

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Conversations with a 1-year-old

Allie Beth made my day today! Not only did she go all day without wetting her pants, but we had the best conversations.

Allie: Daddy, are you happy?
Daddy: Yes, Allie, I am happy. Are you happy?
Allie: Mommy, you make me happy.
Mommy: Aww, Allie, that is so sweet. You make me happy too.

Mommy: (Thinking I already know the answer to this question...and I was wrong!) Allie, who is your best friend?
Allie: Jesus
Mommy: Allie, that is the best friend you could ever have
Allie: Uh Huh.

Daddy: Allie, it's time to go home.
Allie: How about I go back in the pool....  (She loves the new saying "How about....")

She was such a sweet girl today (minus a few moments :))  Allie Beth is now acknowledging when she's done something wrong and when I'm proud or disappointed.  She's now starting to take her arms out of the carseat buckles while I'm driving. I told her she needed to put her arms in the seatbelt or she was going to get a spanking when we got home. I opened the car door when we were home, and she said, "Mommy, you disappointed?" I replied, "Yes, I was disappointed when you took your arms out of the carseat." Allie said, "But you proud now. I fix it."  Of course I responded, "Yes, Allie, Mommy is proud of you. " I'm astounded on a daily basis of how much Allie Beth is learning right now. She's definitely hitting her terrible twos, but she's also the sweetest little girl I've met. :)  I truly enjoy being her Mommy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment