The Pair Family

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A fun day

Allie and I had a fun morning.  She now enjoys waking up to reading! So, we spent most of the morning (she got up too early--5:30!) reading the books that she brought to me. She will sit in my lap--or Danny's--and listen to half the book before she gets bored. Then, she'll get down from the seat, walk over to the stack of books, and pick out another one to read. We probably did this for about an hour. I'm okay with that! :) After her early morning nap, we took off to the zoo....

Here, a nice lady took our picture with the flamingos.


She really enjoys looking at the flamingos. I think it's because they're so close to her.


I tried to get her to turn around and look at the camera, but she had her eye on the big elephant!


It was a warm day, so we didn't last very long. She wanted a snack before we left, though. She MUST have her puffs!

After going to the zoo, we met an old friend of mine, Sara Boney, for lunch. It was great to catch up with her and see her two youngest while the oldest was at kindergarden. If only Allie wasn't trying to throw things or get out of her high chair....

I'm adding the newest game Allie loves to play: peekaboo. She is so cute when she covers her eyes thinking that she's disappeared. :) I will say, "Where's my Allie Beth. I can't find her..." Then, she'll throw her hands down or remove whatever she has placed in her face.  She also enjoys playing peekaboo with the curtains.....

It's only 2pm, and Allie is down for a nap. I wonder what else is in store for the day?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment