The Pair Family

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Living Room Transformation

Our living room was in desperate need of a makeover! It had the original carpet from when I bought the house 6 years ago, and there's no telling how long it had been there previously. I had actually gotten to the point where I was embarrassed to have people over because the carpet looked so horrible.  We have debated back and forth whether to stay where we are or buy a new house. When we looked around, we just didn't see anything that met our budget and was in the neighborhood that we wanted. So, we went back to square one. Remodel.  So, this is the before shot.  The carpet doesn't look too bad from this picture...just wait! :)


We emptied the room-- thanks to wonderful friends who came to help.... Look at those horrible stains!


And, we painted... Although, Danny was a little disappointed at my paint choice because it was so similar to the previous paint color. It is a lighter, but I wanted it to match a rug that I hope to get at some point.


I really wanted hardwood because I wanted it to match what we had in the kitchen. So, after several pricing outings, that's what we decided upon. They installed hardwood downstairs, made the steps hardwood, and sanded and restained the existing hardwood upstairs to match the new. A week and a half later, we were able to move in. Thanks to wonderful friends, we were able to put all the furniture back in place. I ordered new curtains from Pottery Barn--which I love. Although I loved the material that was on the previous windows because my grandmother made them for me a few years ago, they were really outdated and too floral.  A fresh beginning, and I'm not embarrassed anymore! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment